7 Steps to Rank Your Products on Page 1 of Amazon in 2019
Table Of Contents
- 7 Steps to Rank Your Products on Page 1 of Amazon in 2019
- Step #1: Pick your Top 2 or 3 HIGHLY RELEVANT Keywords to Rank on Page 1
- Step #2: Optimize your listing for those Keywords
- Step #3: Build a Manychat Messenger Bot Sequence (JSON) to drive traffic to and direct them to”Search-Find-Buy” at full price with refund post the sale
- Step #4: Create a Facebook Ad Creative to advertise your Search Find Buy Promotion
- Step #5: Setup Highly Aggressive PPC Campaigns to achieve Top Placements for your Target Keywords
- Step #6: Make sure you TURN OFF any Review Follow up Sequences for up to 45 days after your Marketing completes
- Step #7: Rinse & Repeat the process for additional Keywords
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about getting your product ranked with this 7 step process. Happy to help.
The Secret to understanding Amazon’s A9 Algorithm
What Influences the A9 Amazon Ranking Algorithm?
While there are more than 100’s of signals that influence the algorithm, the primary 4 can be categorized as:
- Relevancy – how relevant your product page is in the search terms for the target customer
- Authority – how diverse is your traffic, the more diverse the better. This is why you want to send traffic from Facebook, Google, PPC, Influencers, Youtube, etc.
- Conversion Rate (i.e unit session percentage) – % of people that come to your listing and buy. Your review rate is implicitly taken into consideration here.
- AOV (Average Order Value) / RPC (Revenue per Customer) – Amazon rewards higher Revenues per Client including higher AOV’s as that indicates Customer Satisfaction and Trust. Make them so happy that they keep coming back. Amazon knows that the secret to max RPC lies in customer retention.
Step #1: Pick your Top 2 or 3 HIGHLY RELEVANT Keywords to Rank on Page 1
The key to this strategy when looking to rank a new product or re-vitalize an old one is to do simple yet highly targeted Keyword Research. I’m not talking about the kind of research where you find every single possible keyword phrase possible that you could target (which is needed when you are running Amazon PPC or doing product research, but it’s not important in this step).
Instead we’re going to find the TOP 2 to 3 Keywords that’s highly relevant to your actual product and the data points show have atleast 1K searches or more and < 10K competitors. The way to shortlist your Keywords is as follows…
- Identify your Top 8-10 Competitors . You can do this by simply searching your ‘seed keyword’ on Amazon and choosing the top 8-10 ASIN’s showing up on Page 1, avoid the sponsored listings so you pull the listings ranked organically. You can further filter based on the BSR Rank to ensure you are including competitors that are actually making the most sales, make sure to include ASIN’s that have the ‘Best Seller’ badge and the ‘Amazon Choice’ Badge in your list. Alternatively you can use a tool like Helium 10 (use coupon FOSTERFBAH10OFF to get 10% off all plans) to find your competitors with their ‘Cerebro’ Tool.
- Do a Reverse ASIN Analysis on ALL of them together. A Reverse ASIN is basically just a method to find what Keywords are indexed by Amazon for any ASIN, here you can use Helium 10 Cerebro Tool to add all the ASIN’s in, find Keywords and then you’ll need to apply a few filters to narrow down your list. The above filters are not set in stone, so feel free to play with it. But it typically gives you 8 to 15 Keywords. Now once you have that list then narrowing down and choosing your top 2-3 Keywords will be a gut manual choice and you can’t really use the tool for that. You need to assess the Competition, the search Volume, relevancy to your product etc in selecting your top keywords to go after. The Filters I use are as follows:
Next Step: For more guidance on selecting your top Keywords, you can check out our Competitor Keyword Research Services or get a tool like Helium 10 (use coupon FOSTERFBAH10OFF to get 10% off all plans) to find your competitors with their ‘Cerebro’ Tool.
Step #2: Optimize your listing for those Keywords
Once you’ve chosen your top Keywords, you need to ensure it’s added to your Title, Backend Subject Matter Fields, Bullets and Description. This ensures it’s aligned with giving the maximum relevancy signals to Amazon’s a9 Algorithm and helps propel your ranking as sales come in through those keywords.
Step #3: Build a Manychat Messenger Bot Sequence (JSON) to drive traffic to and direct them to”Search-Find-Buy” at full price with refund post the sale
In this step we’re going to build a “Search Find Buy” flow with Facebook’s Messenger using Manychat software. So what’s Search Find Buy? Like the name suggests – we’re simply building a flow that will direct an interested party on how to ‘Search’ for your product, ‘Find’ it on Amazon and ‘Buy’ it along with instructions on how to reimburse them post the sale. The key here is that you are going after Full Priced Buys which are way more powerful than discounted sales although it’s hard to point to actual stats on that, call it a gut feeling that Amazon likes to make more money and as such rewards that.
The problem with Full priced buys is that most unaware of your new brand or product is willing to purchase for the full price, this is why we need to make it a 100% off rebate deal and promote it as a one time offer for getting your product for absolutely FREE. This is your ‘marketing hook’.
Here’s a Search-Find-Buy (SFB) Manychat sequence we use to get ranked for keywords (using a sample product found on Amazon):
Don’t worry if this flow sounds complicated, it really isn’t. It’s a simple decision tree on how we want the potential customer to perform the Search Find Buy and I’ve included the exact template here for download so you don’t have to build it from scratch.
Next Step: Grab the above Search Find Buy Manychat Messenger sequence that you can edit for your own products here for free.
Step #4: Create a Facebook Ad Creative to advertise your Search Find Buy Promotion
Next Step: Setup your Ad using the step by step outlined here and have it scheduled to run at 12 AM the next day.
Step #5: Setup Highly Aggressive PPC Campaigns to achieve Top Placements for your Target Keywords
Now sending people via FB Ads into your Search Find Buy funnel only really works if they can actually “find” your product when they organically search for a keyword you want to rank for. Given new products will never be organically ranked on Page 1, the only way to ensure they see your product on Page 1 or atleast Page 2 is to run a highly aggressive PPC Campaign just for those Keywords.
I recommend the following structure:
Ad Group 1 – Keyword (EXACT MATCH) – AGGRESSIVE HIGH BID
Ad Group 2 – Keyword (PHRASE MATCH) – AGGRESSIVE HIGH BID x 0.9
and so on for each Keyword you are targeting via Search Find Buy, the goal is to ensure you show for Top of Search on Page 1 for each keyword.
Now, not only does this let them find you and execute the Full Price Buy but Amazon loves Sponsored sales and this further juices your BSR (best seller rank). If you are new to PPC and how to setup campaigns effectively – not to worry, I recently recorded a free strategy packed PPC Case Study video where we share the 3-Step Blueprint That Took a 6 Figure Amazon Seller to $250,000 in Monthly Revenue in 30 Days, that you can implement TODAY in just a few hours
Next Step: Watch the free PPC Case Study here before it’s taken offline..
Step #6: Make sure you TURN OFF any Review Follow up Sequences for up to 45 days after your Marketing completes
There’s no better Review Follow up sequences like Messenger as it has incredible open rates compared to Email. In fact, I recently released the ‘TSR Amazon Jumpstart Pack‘ that gives you an entire Plug & Play framework and includes a solid Review Followup sequence in Manychat that you can use to increase your review rate by 5% or more.
However to stay compliant with Amazon’s TOS you need to have these follow up services turned OFF for the days from when you start running your SFB full priced buys to about 45 days after you end the promotion to avoid getting reviews from these customers and triggering the ‘incentivized reviews’ clause which is a big no-no for Amazon and can get your account in trouble.
Once the 45 days post your promotion period is turned off you can go ahead and get it turned on.
I recommend having both an email follow up and a Messenger follow up sequence to have the maximum reach.
Next Step: Check out our #HappyCustomers Email Follow up series and the TrafficSalesReviews Jumpstart Pack to learn exactly how to use Manychat sequences to follow up in tandem with Product Inserts to increase your Review Rate by 5% or more.
Step #7: Rinse & Repeat the process for additional Keywords
Your building a business, so you’ll need to constantly be at the top of your game and looking for additional keywords to outrank your competitors so make sure to pick a few more and rinse & repeat the process above as your business brings in revenue, look to re-invest that here and feed the machine.
After a while your product will start to gain traction and momentum. It’s a long game. Don’t expect your product to be a home run overnight but with these 7 steps you can ensure you get there.
Next Step: I am thrilled to announce an exclusive new plug & play system I’ve been working on for the last 6 months with some great results!
It’s a simple but extremely effective list of assets you can implement that attacks the 3 key areas in any Amazon business – Traffic, Sales & Reviews. And yes all within TOS. Go grab the TrafficSalesReviews Jumpstart Pack now.
Wrap-Up: If You Want to Rank your Product on Page 1 of Amazon, You Have to Stick to the Process
While launching a product successfully today on Amazon isn’t as easy as it was a few years ago. It certainly is not impossible and the eCommerce space is still considered to have a lot more runway to go, so you just need to cut through the noise, present a product that truly services a raving audience and follow the 7 steps above to get it in front of them.
- TSR Amazon Jumpstart Pack
- Helium 10 (use coupon FOSTERFBAH10OFF to get 10% off all plans)
- Search Find Buy Manychat Sequence (FREE TEMPLATE)
- How to Optimize your Listing Like a Pro.
- Guide to setting up FB JSON Ads with Manychat
- 3-Step Blueprint to run wildly profitable PPC Campaigns
- #HappyCustomers Email Follow up series
Email me at email@example.com if you have any questions about getting your product ranked with this 7 step process. Happy to help.
To Your Wins,
Fostering Amazon Sellers to Leap Frog the Competition
P.S: If you are making over $5K/month and want to take your PPC sales to the next level. We’re offering a “done-for-you” Amazon PPC management service that does just that. You can schedule a call here to see if we’re a good fit:
P.P.S: If you are making under $5K/mo and want me to personally setup your PPC Campaigns live on a 1 hour call with you, you can schedule that call here:
|Not sure the best way to get started? Follow these simple steps to hit the ground running with your Amazon business.|
Step #1 – Get The FosterFBA Resources:
Step #2 – Supercharge your Amazon Product listing
Step #3 – Choose a PPC Ads Plan That’s Right For You
1 Hour PPC Setup Call [Sellers doing < $5K/mo] |
Sponsored PPC Ads Management [ $5K/mo – $300K/mo]
Step #4 – Online Training & Reports To Ignite Your Business:
Step #5 – Connect With The Community: